Tuesday, January 27, 2015

North High Brewing Root Beer

North High Brewing is located in Columbus, Ohio. NHB opened their doors for business back in 2011. I thought it was time to start throwing in some growler reviews. Also, I'm a tad curious what other brews might be out there. Ohio in general...has numerous breweries with their own root beer on tap. Columbus has almost a half dozen breweries with a root beer. So...I should stay busy for awhile. I was a little disappointed with the head on this one. It started out okay but fizzed away almost immediately. It was hard not to notice the amazing aroma that;s coming off this brew. It has a strong minty aroma to it. You can tell that wintergreen, licorice, and a touch of star anise are the key notes. I wish they could've made room for some honey and vanilla. This stuff has a nice rooty kick but I'd prefer it be a little creamier. 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment