Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sweetwaters Bison Brew Root Beer

Happy New Year!! Wow, I can't believe this is my 100th review already!....and it has only been a little over 3 months. Time sure does fly by when one is discovering hard to find brews. Bison Brew root beer is handcrafted for Sweetwaters, which is located in Burlington, Vermont. This is their homemade version and can only be found at their establishment. Sweetwaters opened for business back in 1981 and have been thriving ever since. I was quite surprised how tasty their brew was....sometimes these restaurant brews can be rather blah, in my opinion. The head did leave a lot to be desired, however. I'm afraid it didn't last very long. This brew is definitely full of flavor. It's a little on the sweet side and has vanilla, caramel, and a hint of wintergreen as its flavor profile. It does have a premium root beer flavor as its core note. The finish is quite savory with spice and luscious vanilla! 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment